Shaina has deteriorated since this afternoon. She is currently on life support in the ICU and the doctors are concerned with her lack of brain function. They are giving her dialysis to try and get all toxins out of her system and will conduct further neurological tests in 24 hours. For now, mom, dad and I are at the hospital and will be by Shaina's side as much as possible throughout the night. David is stuck in Omaha until the first flight tomorrow morning, but he will be with us tomorrow.
The doctors are very concerned, and have warned us that things are not looking favorable for a recovery. But they know and we know that Shaina is stronger than any of us and we are holding onto hope that she will somehow pull through this overnight. We appreciate everyone's love and support as we wait to see what the next hours bring.